ARCHIVING & RECORDS MANAGEMENT – 3 DAYS
The purpose of sound records keeping is to provide evidence of actions taken during execution of work. This course provides practical insights into key issues in records management, scheduling and disposition, vital records protection, disaster preparedness and archiving research and development records.
- Information management – an overview
- The records life-cycle concept
- Types and relevance of records business archives
- Files and filing systems
- Personal records, financial records and other business records
- Handling of confidential information
- Computer application in records management
- Managing information
- Storage and retrieval systems – microfilming
- Disposal of records
- Formulating retention and disposal policies
- Records legislation and best practices
- Have a better understanding of the relevance of records as organisations assets.
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance to organisations.
- Develop appropriate techniques for managing archives
- Maintain a system of internal control for effective protection of records
- Use appropriate computer software for records management
- Retrieve information faster for customers and other stakeholders to use
- Understand the techniques of record creation, use, inventory, appraisal, retention and disposal
N116,638.00 VAT Inclusive
Discounts off regular fees for open programmes: 3-5 nomination – 5%
Programme also available as in-plant. Fee: Negotiable
Who Should Attend
All staff responsible for the management of records
July 17 19,
November 13 – 15, 2019
Property of Impact Consulting Nigeria.